11.04.2013

rear window


Edith Head designed some beautiful dresses for Grace Kelly in Rear Window, actually this one is my favourite from the movie, elegant and timeless. It looks simple but has got some nice details. I really love the line and the colour of it. I was lucky enough to find not only some publicity shots from the movie but also a copy of the original designs, which was very helpful to create the dress pattern.




And here's the dress presented by Ginevra, the hat is not exactly what I envisioned, but is just my second hat, so I can't complain (not too much at least), and I feel I managed to get the general line, as though not all the details:





This sculpt captures Grace Kelly's features farily enough, as far as likeness goes Grace Kelly is one of Mattel's best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment