7.17.2015

dioramas in progress

I finally managed to make some room for diorama displays. Nothing fancy, but I really like to put together some little rooms.
So far I revamped the earth room and nearly finished the kitchen
As it is going to be a very long work (I'm making bits and pieces while I keep sewing clothes) I've decided to share some pictures of the rooms in progress....
This way I also have the chance to introduce you the two "families".
As soon as I got  the new "guys" I finally found a "place" in the collection for the tall body FR: Margherita and Costanza. I already had decided to keep Costanza, then I had this idea Margherita was the perfect Mom for Samuele and Giacomo (the twins).
Of course they also needed a father so Ermanno entered the picture, and here they are, enjoing the nearly finished kitchen (I only need to make a couple of pillows for the chairs and a matching apron for Margherita):

Ermanno in his Armani style outfit

Margherita is a bit startled by Ermanno, but  I think they are a nice couple!

Maybe I'll grow accostumed to his face.....

Let's see  Costanza. As she's a true movie star, I matched her with Luchino, they also happen to have two boys: Taddeo and Armando, while Attilio is their cousin, he lives with them and that's all I know about it. There must be a reason but I can't really tell what it was.
I placed them in the renewed earth room, it's a bit crowded as the display shelf is not very roomy, but soon I'm going to take better pictures of the whole thing and also introduce you to their maid (I'm waiting for some piceces to arrive in the mail, perhaps in august this room will be finished)

Luchino needs matching shoes, he's going to have a full "Tobacco Road" suit soon, as for now he must be happy that his dress went so far!


Luchino, dear, you look awesome and you have this intellectual charm, but I really think you need some socks!
Let me introduce you to the whole family:

I liked it better when I was a single movie star.....besides, this picture is crappy!

Now the Tall Girls have found their place in my dolly word and I'm very happy with them!

Let's have a peek at Odette and Carlo (with Black/Sparklez). They finally have the exclusive use of the sunny living room, and they are lazying around in they new pijamas. They also have a new retro TV so they shall watch their favourite tv shows: Velvet and Downton Abbey! And maybe invite friends to watch some soccer match. I  have to make some more arrangements here,  but the living is mostly finished!

Do you think she's going to finish our bathing suits in time to go to Creete?

Let's wait and see......
Hi Muff, here's the picture of the cabinet (bookshelf), so you can have a sneack peek of Sebastiano's room in progress, the cabinet has two more shelves but I think this gives the general idea, I think the dolls looks quite fine among my dvd's travel guides, travel memorabilia and art books!


22 comments:

  1. Very nice rooms! I see you are making good use of your tall COOMODEL bodies! Luchino is very distinquished looking, but I agree, he needs some socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phyllis, The fun is just beginning! This Coomodel body really changed a lot of things around here, thanks again for the info! Now I have to work out a way to make socks, it will be very hard as these guys are wearing cheap rubber shoes....LOL

      Delete
  2. I love the warm, rich colors of the renewed earth room.

    It's interesting to see your FR guys looking so model-glam in the same space as your action figure guys looking so rugged. The ladies look haute fashion even in light denim. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D7ana, I'm very proud of the new hearth room, now I'm working on a room for Sebastiano!
      I love how they look together, in a strange way they mix well. More haute fashion denim is coming soon!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful dioramas! The new guys look perfect with the other dolls, they belong together! I love that little retro television :-). xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I'm amazed how well they fitted in! I had one tv like that as a kid, loved it at first sight!

      Delete
  4. Hi Billa,
    You have a talent for putting a room together! The dolls look fabulous.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Farrah, Thanks a lot! These were easy, now I'm crafting one from cartboard and sponges.....

      Delete
  5. Everyone looks good. I laughed about Margherita being startled by her husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jaye, thank you! Well I think one can understand Margherita, Ermanno is not your everyday fashion doll.....LOL

      Delete
  6. Things are coming together quite nicely. I love the warmth of the second room...very cozy looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jewell, I was so happy when I found this scrap of fabric, I wanted a cozy and elegant place for Costanza & Family

      Delete
  7. Billa, I really LUV your dioramas. With all of the perfectly scaled furniture and accessories, it's really easy to forget these are miniatures set within the confines of wooden shelving. Everything looks so comfortable! Bravo for marrying the action figures with the fashion dolls. The guys are less scary when properly dressed. They add another bit of reality to the mix. Beautiful models marry successful businessmen....it works! At first I was thinking your new dolls were too young to have such grown children, but then again...when you have the means to keep yourself up (because, after all, you are married to a successful businessman, architect, etc...) it seems as though you never age!!! ;-D I am so impressed!!! And..you're right about being limited with what's out there in terms of male fashion dolls. I don't know why, but some how the designers don't seem to make as gorgeous guys as they do with the women dolls. Look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you April, I like to prepare this little set ups to display the dolls, I wasn't satisfied simply displaying them with their stands and clothes.
      I know these two girls are very young looking, but you see: Costanza is a movie star, and she married Luchino (who's a big shot producer and agent: let's say the Selznick brothers in one person) when she was very young.
      I still have to develop a back story for Margherita and Ermanno, in fact they are together because they look perfect as parents of the twins, I think Ermanno is a psychiatrist, but really don't know yet....
      Both families have a huge potential, if only I was able to write stories for them!
      I don't know why there is not so much variety in male dolls, but it is the same story with all dolls manufacturers, I hoped for a JamieShow Alejandro in 1/6 scale to happen, but I knew I was deluding myself, so when I saw this new body on Phyllis blog I added to the favourites on ebay and waited, waited, until I had to buy them! LOL
      Now back to work at the next diorama room and a pair of trousers for Pietro!

      Delete
  8. This is so cool. Can we get a pull away so we can see the entire cabinet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Muff, as Blogger doesn't allow to post pictures in the comments section, I added a picture of the cabinet in the post.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for the additional photo! Great display.

      Delete
    3. You're welcome! It was a good idea to show a picture of the whole thing, I didn't quite notice it looked so good....LOL
      The rest of the room is a mess....

      Delete
  9. Hi Billa,love your furnitures,the living rom looks so cosy and confortable.
    What a beautiful family and the boys looks awesome all of them lols.
    have a nice week
    bacio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MC! with so many new guys I'm madly sewing trousers, and more furniture in on its way bedroom and persian room are almost done!
      Kisses

      Delete
  10. I love all your furniture. You have some really unique pieces. Your couples seem to be settling in quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! I put together a lot of diffrent things.
      They are pretty happy not to have to stay always in a cristal cabinet!

      Delete